We’re certainly not perfect, but we do try to minimise any negative impact. Here are some of the things we do. If you want any more information or have any other ideas – please do get in contact on email@example.com
- Never provide or sell bottled water – clean tap water is available in all our feed stops.
- Never use single use plastic cutlery. The few wooden forks we do have are sustainably sourced, fully compostable and biodegradable.
- We don’t give out or sell energy sachets.
- Since 2019 we found a great reusable alternative to cable ties, bit the bullet and invested in rapstraps. We’re really pleased with them – simple to use and durable. Over 95% of them are still in operation.
- In Hose village hall where there is a quick and efficient commercial dishwasher, we use china and real spoons.
- To be COVID compliant, we did buy sustainably sourced and compostable single use wooden stirrers and sugar sachets. These will be phased out and replaced with big bags of sugar.
- Where village halls lack crockery and quick, efficient dishwashing facilities we use 100% compostable* cups (NO lids), which don’t release any toxins.
- We think carefully about our goody bag items, fully aware we don’t want to create more items for landfill. Many of the items are up-cycled, made by charitable organisations. All packaging is sustainable.
- Biscuit wrappers are glassine paper/ pinewood cellulose and are 100% recyclable, compostable and biodegradable.
- We up-cycle and reuse unclaimed medals and the ribbons.
- We will offer to collect un any wanted goody bag items and repurpose.
- We work with partner organisations that share a similar interest in doing our best to minimise any harmful impact on the environment.
*The materials in the cups break down or become part of, usable compost in a safe and timely manner. In theory they are certified fully compostable in the ‘appropriate facility’, but we have successfully tried this at home and they have all but disappeared in a matter of a month. Get that Paul Daniels!
Any queries? Contact Britta on firstname.lastname@example.org